Not so fast fact: The IGF talked about in the video didnt involve the binding of isaac, it was Super Meat Boy that was voted against.. so Tommy and i should have been at the show.
and here are a few fast facts of my own im not sure people know about….
- The Brimstone symbol is actually an alchemy symbol for Sulfur.. fire and brimstone… the actual symbol is called the Leviathan cross
- The Blue baby (???) and brother bobby are both references to my 1st series of flash games Dead Baby Dressup. the blue baby was my mascot from 1996-2002.
- The Dead Bird was also a reoccurring theme in my comics and originated from a comic i did called Thicker Than Water ( that can be found in the basement collection on steam ). the legless ghost bird is referencing a very obscure series of short stories called the backup files of freddy the robot. the bird can also be found in AVGM.
- little chubby is a reference to another reoccurring comic character of mine called lil chubby (who is actually a talking penis).
- Max’s head will be replaced with Crickets head in rebirth. i never had a dog named max, but when i was little i wanted a dog named max so in the early stages of dev i named it that.. i
- the gaper, Mulligan, Mulligoon and Swarmer are all the same monster in stages of decay and infestation.
-Globins were a reference to red skeletons from castlevania.
-Knights were a reference to Knights in Zelda
-Masks and the Mask of infamy were both referencing Camilla from Castlevania 2.
-The para-bite’s visual reference was a character called Longits from an old comic of mine who is a tape worm. the way he acts in game is a zelda reference.
-Host’s are also from an old game of mine with the same name, but the hosts actions were modeled around the hard hats from mega man
-Vis were based on a bosses from Gish called the Viseren Sisters. they were conjoined twins attached at the womb who were separated. they could pull open the holes in their bellys and birth small demons.
- The Dople enemy was referencing an enemy in the original Tomb Raider game.
- Gemini were originally designed to be a boss in Gish and were called Suture Contusion. the larger one being Contusion for the boot shaped dent in his head.
- Gurdy was originally supposed to be a pile of dead isaacs but it looked too confusing so i made her body made of guts instead. her name is a reference to a medal condition called Gerd that is caused by bad digestion and acid reflux.
- Originally every boss/enemy in isaac was going to resemble isaac in some way. this is the case for most.
No way. This is just the best…
Jeannie and I were super jazzed to do Binding of Isaac fast facts. There were full evenings of us on mumble gossiping hard about everyone we know while periodically screaming at our computers.